Guided reading groups and stations will begin next week! (9/19/16)
Be ready to see your child come home with their reading folder and information on what you can do to help and support your child with their reading daily.
Our ELA Units have been focusing on...
1. It is important to learn classroom routines and build a respectful classroom community in order ro become independent readers and writers.
2. The elements of literature in reading and writing (character, setting, problem/conflict, solution/ending, message/lesson) work together to answer a reader's questions about what is happening in the story.
3. Writers follow steps--prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing--to create their writing pieces.
4. Writers include details and descriptions to share their thoughts clearly.
5. An author grabs a reader's attention, sequence events, chooses words carefully, expresses feelings clearly, and uses a conclusion.