Weekly News 10-18-19
Posted by Lori Hoffman on 10/18/2019 3:00:00 PM
Coventry's 2019-2020 yearbook orders can now be placed. The price of this year's yearbook is $13.54. To purchase a yearbook please go to https://tr5.treering.com/validate and enter your school’s passcode:101416421426234. A 10% discount will be applied if your yearbook order is placed by October 31st.
Please remember to check your child’s home folder and assignment notebook.
We look forward to celebrating the traditions of the fall season at school and thank you in advance for working with us. Here are a few reminders in preparation for Halloween. As you and your child plan a costume for the school day, please keep in mind the following:
- Your child should bring his/her costume to school in a bag on October 31, 2018.
- Students may not wear costumes or make-up that may be frightening or inappropriate for elementary age children. We reserve the right to alter student costumes if we deem them inappropriate.
- Children will need to change into their costume without assistance and only have a short time to get costumes on or off. It’s best to keep your costume simple for school.
- For safety reasons we are asking that all pointed or sharp objects be left at home to wear with their costume at another time.
- Please remember that students are not allowed to bring any type of play weapon to school as part of their costume.
- The students and staff will have a short parade walking around the school beginning at 2:15. (Weather Permitting). Parents are welcome to attend the parade.
Thank you for your support. Your cooperation in making Halloween fun, safe and organized for our children is greatly appreciated.
The kids are beginning to understand multi-digit multiplication. It definitely takes time. Here’s a math antics video showing the shortcut method we have been practicing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ5qLWP3Fqo
This week we learned about metaphors and we are posting our tornado blogs on Seesaw.
We continue to study the Northeast. I passed out a packet with flashcards for practicing the states and capitals. We will practice in class too with the program Kahoot. The quiz on this region will be next Thursday. I also let your child know that I have plenty of map practice sheets if they need them.
21 Board Meeting 7pm
23 Early Release Day
25 Picture Retakes
31 Halloween Parade