Posted by Adam Clavey on 4/23/2019
April 15th - 26th
Reading: April is national poetry month. Last week we started learning about how poetry is structured, and we learned about the different types of figurative language often used in poetry. This week we are continuing to work with poems, working to have students independently analyze poems.
Writing: This week we will be going back and revising and editing a previous opinion writing. This will lead us to write one more opinion piece before the end of the year.
Math: The unit 5 math test and two unit 7 quick quizzes have been handed back to students and placed in their math binders. Tomorrow we will be taking the unit 7 assessment. We will be moving on to unit 8, and we will come back to unit 6 before the end of the year.
S.S./Sci: Students did a jigsaw to learn about the events leading up to the Revolutionary War. Each student focused on and became a master of a certain aspect of the content and then taught other students what they learned. Students learned a study strategy and practiced in class. At the end of the two weeks, they took a student-created assessment. Next, we are switching to Science and learning about pulleys and levers.
- April 24th is an early release day.
- April 25th is Culver's Dine Night.
- April 26th is a special spirit day where students can dress up as a favorite book character or wear a book related shirt.
- MAP testing begins May 2nd.
- The District 47 Student Art Show open house reception will be held Friday, May 3rd at the Dole Mansion.