Jan 21 - Feb 1
Posted by Adam Clavey on 2/1/2019
Jan 21 - Feb 1
Reading: In Unit four we are revisiting narrative texts. We are learning about story elements, specifically plot. We worked on identifying themes in texts and compared and contrasted themes across texts.
Writing: We are continuing to write a fairy tale. We brainstormed common elements of fairy tales and came up with multiple ideas for a story. The students chose one idea and developed their story through a graphic organizer. The students will continue to develop and revise their writing.
Math: The unit 3 assessment and unit 4 quick quiz 1 are in the student’s math binders. Students should be taking these binders home to complete their homework. We have been working on two-digit by two-digit multiplication and have expanded to multi-digit multiplication with decimals.
S.S./Sci: Mixtures and Solutions is our current science unit. The students created their own experiment procedure for finding the saturation point of citric acid. We took a quiz on separating mixtures that has been graded and sent home. Next, we are moving on to concentration.
- Students should have their first artifact uploaded to Seesaw. Make sure you are signed up, so you can see what your student is up to every week!
- Family Math Night at Jewel Osco in Crystal Lake is February 26th from 6-7: 30 pm.
- South is collecting travel sized toiletries for PADS as a part of kindness week.
- February 15th is an early release day (noon dismissal).
- February 18th there is no school for President’s Day.