NEW: Online Kindergarten Registration for 2020-21
Steps for 2020-21 online kindergarten registration:
- Click the link to fill out and submit the 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an email from District 47 with the online registration link.
- Click the link to complete and submit your child’s registration.
- District 47 will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete enrollment, which will include bringing in the following required documents.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
- An original birth certificate (Copies and hospital certificates will not be accepted.)
- Proof of residency* (Proof of residency is required even if a sibling is currently enrolled in District 47.) Please bring in one of the following documents if you are a:
- Homeowner: a current tax bill, settlement statement, or current real estate contract
- Renter: a current lease with renter and landlord signatures, address, and term dates
- NOTE: If you do not have one of the documents noted above, please call 815-788-5000 to request an affidavit to be notarized.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- A child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, to be eligible to register. For more information, click kindergarten eligibility.
- Fees are not due at the time of registration.
- Student physical/immunization forms are not due at the time of registration. However, Illinois state law requires that children entering kindergarten must have a physical examination and proof of immunizations on file with the school health office before the first day of school or the child will not be allowed to start school. Medical forms must dropped off at the school and will not be accepted at the district's CORE Center. To submit your child's medical forms electronically, visit the medical records submission page for the appropriate school email address.
ABOUT DISTRICT 47’s KINDERGARTEN DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Informational meetings about District 47's Dual Language program will be held for parents of incoming kindergarten students. In order for an incoming kindergartener to be considered for possible placement into the Dual Language program, parents must attend one of these meetings. For meeting dates and information about D47's Dual Language program, please visit the District 47 Dual Language webpage.
WALK-IN KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Those who have not started the online registration process by February 7, 2020 can attend walk-in registration at the CORE Center on the following dates:
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
Times (both days)
- 9:00-10:45 a.m.* / 1:00-2:45 p.m.* / 5:00-6:45 p.m.*
*Parents/guardians should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the end of each session to allow sufficient time to register.
District 47 CORE Center, 300 Commerce Drive, Crystal Lake