2021-22 Kindergarten Registration
Kindergarten online registration for the 2021-22 school year is now open! Due to COVID-19, District 47 will not hold kindergarten registration in person as in prior years. Instead, parents/guardians should follow the steps below to complete the registration process. If you have any questions, please contact the CORE Center at 815-788-5000.
TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR KINDERGARTEN:
- Submit the 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration Form. You will receive an email with a link to register your child within 48 hours of submitting the form.
- Click the link to complete and submit your online registration.
- Wait for a call from the D47 registration office to schedule an appointment to finalize your child’s registration. At this time, you will be required to bring in the required documents (birth certificate and proof of residency) noted below.
A child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021, to be eligible to register for kindergarten. In addition, the documentation below is required. Please bring both of the following items to your registration appointment.
- Original birth certificate Hospital certificates will not be accepted.
- Proof of residency. Proof of residency is required even if the incoming kindergartener has a sibling in District 47. If you do not have one of the documents listed below, please contact Student Services at 815-788-5000 to request an affidavit to be notarized.
- Homeowner: A current tax bill, settlement statement, or current real estate contract
- Renter: a current lease agreement with all who reside at the residence, property address, signatures of both renter and landlord, and term start and end dates
- Fees are not due at the time of registration.
- Student physical/immunization forms are not due at the time of registration. However, Illinois state law requires that children entering kindergarten must have a physical examination and proof of immunizations on file with the school health office before the first day of school or the child will not be allowed to start school. Medical forms must be dropped off at the school and will not be accepted at the district's CORE Center. To submit your child's medical forms electronically, visit the medical records submission page for the appropriate school email address.
DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Informational meetings about District 47's Dual Language program will be held online for parents of incoming kindergarten students. Attendance at one of the online meetings will be required for possible placement into the program. For more information about D47's Dual Language program and meeting dates, please visit the District 47 Dual Language page.