Student Growth and Achievement
GOAL: To ensure maximum development, growth and achievement for all students
- 1: Align and adjust curriculum and assessment ro reflect rigor, relevance, and the 6C's -- critical thinking, collaboration, character, citizenship, creativity and communication
- 2: Meet the learning needs of all PreK-8 students and close achievement gaps through an improved differentiated instruction, intervention, and enrichment system.
Strategy 1 focus for the 2018-19 school year:
- Continue to study and dig deeper into the 6 C’s.
- Participate in a book study, “New Pedagogies for Deep Learning” by Michael Fullan.
- Develop guidelines, parameters and a consistent continuous improvement process for all curriculum/program adoptions, roll-outs and evaluations.
Strategy 2 focus for the 2018-19 school year:
- Target the individual needs of students through data collection and assessment.
- Compile lists of resources available to students throughout the district to determine the need for supplemental materials.
- Research hybrid models of programming to use with middle school students during Extended Learning Time (XLT).