Philosophy & Programs
The Board of Education, administration, teachers and support staff are committed to the district's strategic plan, fulfilling the district's mission of empowering all students to prepare them for high school, college, and careers. To attain this mission, we uphold the following values:
- collaborative and respectful relationships
- equitable and timely resources
- engaged and innovative instruction
- growth and continuous improvement
- recognizing and accepting individual differences
- responsible and accountable stakeholders
- safe and secure environment
- social, emotional, and physical well-being
District 47's curriculum is based on best practices and research that exists in the educational community. The District offers quality special education, gifted, bilingual, and dual-language, programming to support the learning needs of all students.
- The District offers both half-day and full-day Kindergarten options for families with less than 1% of families selecting the half-day option.
- The Wehde Early Childhood program serves 250-300 students providing academic, speech and language, and physical and/or occupational therapy services along with tuition-based preschool opportunities.
- Before- and after-school care is available for families at each elementary school through the Crystal Lake Park District.
The District has worked to provide these and other quality programs while at the same time fulfilling its commitment to fiscal responsibility.