- Register Online NOW for Band with D47. Form closes on Wed. Sept. 9, 2020.
5th grade students can learn to play one of the following instruments for 2020-2021:
- Order Band Supplies in time for our first class the week of September 14-18, 2020.
- Quinlan & Fabish knows everything you need and it’s already in your cart!!!
- Flute (with Book & Cleaning Swab)
- Clarinet (with Book & Cleaning Swab)
-- NOTE: We use Rico Royal reeds: strength 2½
- Trumpet (with Book & Snake, Brush, Grease)
- Trombone (with Book & Snake, Brush, Grease, Slide-O-Mix)
- Percussion (Combo Kit with Bell Set and Snare Drum & Book
If you shop anywhere else, be sure to get the following:
- Instrument in good, working condition with cleaning supplies
- (Recommended brands)
NOTE: This year, we are offering instruction for the 5 choices above.
- Method Book entitled Standard of Excellence, Book 1-- Percussion: Get the “Combined Percussion” book.
- Hamilton 400 Music Stand & Carrying Bag
- Band lessons begin during the week of Sept. 14-18, 2020. Lesson schedule will be sent after Registration closes.
Check your email for a class schedule.
We start playing week of Sept. 14-18, 2020.
Click the Zoom Link in your schedule.
Attend your first 20-min band class on time. We'll learn how to assemble the instrument and make a sound.
I am SO glad you decided to join band this year! Get ready for a whirlwind of fun! You will learn everything you need to know to play the instrument of your choice and join together with your classmates in playing some awesome band music!
Learning to play an instrument is an experience that will last your whole lifetime! The friends you make, the discipline you work on, and the skills you develop, ALL contribute to the character and brain growth you gain while learning something that is absolutely FUN! No doubt about it, researchers are finding out what we've suspected all along...MUSIC, specifically learning to play an instrument, makes you smarter! It works both sides of the brain at the same time, increasing and connecting the synapses in your brain! Parents, thank you ahead of time for your support of your child's band adventure! (I will be including some "helpful hints" as we go along, as I know it can be a little daunting at times.)
Excited? Me too! I can't wait to start! Hold on to your hats...As I said it will be a whirlwind of fun!