Degrees and Certifications:
Some important information about me…
- This is my second year teaching Second grade and I am thrilled to be your child's teacher
- Prior to teaching second grade I was a Reading Specialist for eleven years
- I started my teaching career as a kindergarten teacher and then I taught fifth grade before having a family of my own
- I have a Bachelor's Degree from Loyola and a Masters of Science in Reading from University of St. Francis as well as over 50 Graduate courses beyond my masters and am a certified Reading Recovery instructor
- My husband and I reside in Crystal Lake with our two children. My husband is an educator at Prairie Ridge High School, we have a son Hank and a daughter Caera who both attend PR. We also have a Golden Retriever named Maggie.
- Teaching is my calling and I cannot wait to begin this new journey as your child's second grade teacher. I am honored to be able to share this next school year with you and your child!