Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC)
School districts that have Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE) programs are required to establish a Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC). The committee participates in the planning, operation, and evaluation of the TBE program. The committee is comprised of parents of children in the TBE program and other interested community members. Two-thirds of the committee members must be parents of students in the bilingual education program. All parents of students in the bilingual education program are invited to become members of the committee. The BPAC committee hosts events for families of students in the bilingual education program and childcare is provided. Remaining meeting dates for the 2020-21 school year are below. These events require no registration and are open to all parents. All events are presented in Spanish.
Click the BPAC event flyer or see the dates/times below:
- April 15, 7pm-8pm: Dr. Ferney Ramirez, "Positive Parenting for Today's Teen" (hosted by Glenbard SD87); Zoom link: https://glenbard.zoom.us/j/86307881828
- April 19 - BPAC committee meeting
- April 21 6pm-8pm - Bilingual County Consortium; Zoom link: https://mchenrycc.zoom.us/j/93411572498
- April 24 9:30am-1pm - Harvard CHSD50 Parent University (free and open to all parents)
- April 26 Parenting video series
- April 28 - 7pm-8:30pm - Dr. Ferney Ramirez, "How to Help Children Overcome Emotional Stress and Social Anxiety in Chaotic Times" (hosted by Woodstock SD200); Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/97773336545
- May 11 - BPAC committee meeting
To learn more about BPAC, see the information below or contact Marilyn Massart at email@example.com.
The mission of the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee is for parents, staff and the school district to work together in order to meet the needs of all bilingual students. The goal of the BPAC is to help parents of ELLs develop leadership skills for effective participation in schools and advocate on the behalf of all ELLs. We will use the resources of the entire community, including students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators and business leaders.
2021-22 Committee Members
- Sandra Romo
- Carmen Ocaña
- Angeles Arce
- Maria Aviles
- Ciro Perez
- Nori Gonzalez
- Claudette Valencia