Welcome to Mr. Moderhack’s 8th grade STEM class!
Eighth grade (STEM) is a twelve-week course designed to introduce/review some of the following information while touching on digital citizenship:
- Engaging in (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) by offering exciting and engaging STEM opportunities.
- Assist students in understanding the connections between scientific inquiry and engineering design and their ability to read, write and apply math and science skills to develop 21st century thinkers.
- Build student confidence, strengthening their abilities to question, research, design, engineer solutions to challenge-based problems.
- Enhance critical thinking, problem solving, researching, and team building skills through a challenge based learning environment.
Some of the programs & challenges that students will have the opportunity to explore while enrolled in (8th Grade / S.T.E.M.) are:
- Alice 3.0
- Google Sites
Students will be responsible for bringing the following materials to class with them on a daily basis:
- (1) – USB – Flash drive (1 GB or more)
- (1) - Headphones or Earbuds
Students and parents are required to read, sign and return a completed copy of the, “Acceptable Use Policy” guideline sheet before being granted permission to have access to school/district computers. Please review the student handbook for further details.
Students will be required to complete all assigned in-class work & homework by the given due date. All late work will result in an automatic deduction from the assignment’s total possible points. The number of points deducted for late work will be determined at the teacher’s discretion. Please review the following for the overall grading scale breakdown:
A+ 100-99 C+ 79-78
A 98-92 C 77-72
A- 91-90 C- 71-70
B+ 89-88 D+ 69-68
B 87-82 D 67-62
B- 81-80 D- 61-60
F 59 and below
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns you may have at mrmoderhack @d47.org & looking forward to a great 2020 – 2021 school year!
Let’s have fun & get ready to learn!