Welcome to Mr. Moderhack’s 6th Grade STEM class!
Sixth grade (STEM) is a six-week course designed to introduce/review some of the following information while touching on digital citizenship:
- Engaging in (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) by offering exciting and engaging STEM opportunities.
- Assist students in understanding the connections between scientific inquiry and engineering design and their ability to read, write and apply math and science skills to develop 21st century thinkers.
- Build student confidence, strengthening their abilities to question, research, design, engineer solutions to challenge-based problems.
- Enhance critical thinking, problem solving, researching, and team building skills through a challenge based learning environment.
Some of the programs & challenges that students will have the opportunity to explore while enrolled in (6th Grade / S.T.E.M.) are:
- Scratch Programming
- Stykz Animation
- Google Sites
Students will be responsible for bringing the following materials to class with them on a daily basis:
- (1) – USB – Flash drive (1 GB or more)
- (1) - Headphone or Earbuds
Students and parents will be required to read, sign and return a completed copy of the, “Acceptable Use Policy” guideline sheet before being granted permission to access to (school/district) computers. “Acceptable Use Policy” guidelines can be found on my (HBMS) S.T.E.M. website by going to https://sites.google.com/a/d47.org/stem-education-with-mr-moderhack/home .
Students are required to complete all assigned in-class work & homework by due dates given during class. Failure to do so will result in an automatic deduction from the assignment’s total possible points for all late work. Total number of points deducted for each late work assignment will be determined at the teacher’s discretion. The following is the Term grading breakdown for S.T.E.M. class:
A+ 100-99 C+ 79-78
A 98-92 C 77-72
A- 91-90 C- 71-70
B+ 89-88 D+ 69-68
B 87-82 D 67-62
B- 81-80 D- 61-60
F 59 and below
Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns you may have at mrmoderhack @d47.org & looking forward to a great 2020 – 2021 school year!