NEW: Online Kindergarten Registration for 2020-21
Follow these steps to register!
- Click the link to fill out and submit the 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive an email from District 47 with the online registration link.
- Click the link to complete and submit your child’s registration.
- District 47 will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete enrollment, which will include bringing in the following required documents.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
- An original birth certificate (Copies and hospital certificates will not be accepted.)
- Proof of residency* (Proof of residency is required even if a sibling is currently enrolled in District 47.) Please bring in one of the following documents if you are a:
- Homeowner: a current tax bill, settlement statement, or current real estate contract
- Renter: a current lease with renter and landlord signatures, address, and term dates
- NOTE: If you do not have one of the documents noted above, please call 815-788-5000 to request an affidavit to be notarized.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- A child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, to be eligible to register. See below for more information about kindergarten eligibility.
- Fees are not due at the time of registration.
- Student physical/immunization forms are not due at the time of registration.
ABOUT DISTRICT 47’s KINDERGARTEN DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Informational meetings about District 47's Dual Language program will be held for parents of incoming kindergarten students. In order for an incoming kindergartener to be considered for possible placement into the Dual Language program, parents must attend one of these meetings. For meeting dates and information about D47's Dual Language program, please visit the District 47 Dual Language webpage.
WALK-IN KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Those who have not started the online registration process by February 7, 2020 can attend walk-in registration at the CORE Center on the following dates:
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
Times (both days)
- 9:00-10:45 a.m.* / 1:00-2:45 p.m.* / 5:00-6:45 p.m.*
*Parents/guardians should plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the end of each session to allow sufficient time to register.
District 47 CORE Center, 300 Commerce Drive, Crystal Lake
A child turning 5 years old on or before September 1st of any school year has historically been a requirement for kindergarten. Parents interested in enrolling a child for kindergarten who will not be 5 years old on or before this date are required to request a kindergarten screening via the link below. Screening requests can be made from January 6 to April 1st; requests will not be honored after April 1st. Filling out the "early entrance form" does does not guarantee early entrance into kindergarten. Parents will be contacted by a D47 staff member upon completion of the online form and a screening for their child will be scheduled in early to mid-April. Please note: Students who are not yet 5 years of age will not be allowed to register during the February kindergarten registration. Registration will be scheduled upon completion of the screening process and when a final determination has been made about placement.
Kindergarten screenings incorporate both academic and social-emotional components. The cost for a screening (regardless of the outcome) is $150 and checks should be made payable to District 47 at the time of the screening. If the child has a sibling enrolled in the school district and he/she qualifies for free and/or reduced lunch, the fee may be reduced or possibly waived.
Parents interested in both early entrance into kindergarten and their child participating in the dual language program, must attend a parent meeting and apply for the program. In their application for the dual language program, they should indicate that they are seeking early entrance into kindergarten.