A child must turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2022, to be eligible for kindergarten. Please follow the steps below to complete registration. If you have questions, please contact student services at 815-788-5000.
- Submit the 2022-23 kindergarten new student registration form. You will receive an email with a link to register your child within 48 hours of submitting the form.
- Click the link to complete and submit your online registration.
- You will be contacted by student services to schedule an appointment to finalize your child’s registration and bring in the required documents (birth certificate and proof of residency) noted below.
- Original birth certificate (hospital certificates not accepted)
- Proof of residency - Note: Proof of residency is required even if an incoming kindergartener has a sibling in District 47. Accepted documents include:
- A current tax bill, settlement statement, or current real estate contract; OR
- A current lease agreement with all who reside at the residence, property address, signatures of both renter and landlord, and term start and end dates
If you do not have one of the documents above, please contact Student Services at 815-788-5000 to request an affidavit to be notarized.
- Fees are not due at the time of registration.
- Student physical/immunization forms are not due at the time of registration. However, Illinois state law requires that children entering kindergarten must have a physical examination and proof of immunizations on file with the school health office before the first day of school or the child will not be allowed to start school. Medical forms must be dropped off at the school and will not be accepted at the district's CORE Center. To submit your child's medical forms electronically, visit the medical records submission page for the appropriate school email address.
DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM
Informational meetings about District 47's Dual Language program are held annually for parents of incoming kindergarten students. Attendance at one of the meetings is required for possible placement into the program. For more information about D47's Dual Language program, visit our Dual Language page.