Student Dress Code
The appearance of any young person is primarily the responsibility of that individual and his/her parents. We expect students to maintain the type of appearance that is not distracting to teachers or other students.
Students are not to wear any of the following items on school property or to a school-sponsored activity:
- Tops that expose bare midriff, have low necklines or spaghetti straps, or are off-the-shoulder or strapless
- Shorts or skirts of immodest length (rule of thumb: no shorter than mid-thigh
- Clothing that reveals underwear
- Clothing or accessories that advertise alcoholic beverages, drugs, violence, satanic or gang symbols, cigarette advertisements, inappropriate language, profanity or sexual connotations
- Inappropriately tight clothing
- Any clothing representing gang colors
- Note: Hooded sweatshirts must be worn with hood down at all times.
Hannah Beardsley administrators reserve the right to determine other inappropriate clothing or items based on District 47 Board policy.