In the fall of 1936, District 47 introduced Kindergarten into the grade levels offered in the district. The large study hall area in the junior high above the gym was revamped to created additional classrooms.
In 1939, rural school district 39 was annexed by District 47. After the sudden passing of H.A. Dean, who had been the superintendent for the schools since 1910, District 47 appoint Leon Lundahl as the District 47 superintendent and District 155 hired Dean Ewing. This marked the first time that the both districts were operated under different managements. During the year, rural school district 49 was annexed into District 47.