560 Nash Road
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Attendance Line: 815.788.5460
Click here for contact information for building leadership and office staff.
For teacher websites, visit the new Academic Team channel on the home page of our building website. Websites for other certified staff will be added soon under a new channel called Support Staff.
Lundahl Middle School was built in 1958-1959 and was first opened to students in September of 1959. The building was then called South Junior High School.
In 1962, South Junior High School received its first addition, housed grades 5 through 8, and increased in population. In 1966, South Junior High was renamed Lundahl Junior High School in honor of Leon J. Lundahl, retiring Superintendent of Schools for District 47. Lundahl Junior High was the first school in District 47 to be named for an individual, and this is a tribute to Mr. Lundahl, whose portrait hangs in the main foyer.
In 1974, a new addition including a new gymnasium, learning center, locker room area, and science complex was opened. In 1990-91, a new north end classroom addition, cafeteria, locker room area, and second gymnasium were added to the Lundahl campus.
Lundahl Junior High School became an accredited middle school in the spring of 1995 and the name was officially changed to Lundahl Middle School Campus for the opening of the 1996-97 school year.
Former students and staff members have been proud of their association with Lundahl Middle School. We’d love to hear from you!
Purple and Gold
School Team Name